Welsh Sports Association for people with a learning disability (WSAPLD)
The UK Sports Association For People with Learning Disability (UKSA) is the national charity supported by the UK Sport (formerly the UK Sports Council), which co-ordinates, promotes and develops sport for people with learning disability at UK and international level.
The UKSA is the umbrella body for the following organisations which are themselves responsible for sports development at grass roots level for people with learning disability:
- Scottish Disability Sport.
- Welsh Sports Association for People with Learning Disability.
- Northern Ireland Sports Association for People with Learning Disability.
- English Sports Association for People with Learning Disability.
The UKSA's activities include the following.
- Membership of the International Sports Federation for Persons with Intellectual Disability (INAS-FID).
- International conferences.
- Supporting Home Country associations.
- Membership of the British Paralympic Associations, National Paralympic Committee, and the UK Co-ordinating Committee on Sport for Disabled People.
For WSAPLD contact: Mrs Jayne Coia on 01633 665781